List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Bergen Date:June 27 2004 4:23pm
Subject:Re: insert into text field
View as plain text
desc is a reserved word.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Reserved_words.html

In most cases to use desc as a column you will have to escape it with backticks
like this `desc`.

-Eric

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:19:37 +0530, Nitin <nitinmehta@stripped> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There's a problem. When I try to inert into table with
>
> insert into schedule (owner, desc, sch_for, status) values ('a', 'b', 'c', 'd')
>
> I get error
>
> You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your
> MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'desc, sch_for, status) values'
>
> The desc field is of 'text' datatype. If that's the reason, what is the right syntax
> to insert into text field?
>
> Please help me
>
> Thanks in advance

Thread
insert into text fieldNitin26 Jun
  • Re: insert into text field [Solved]Nitin26 Jun
    • basic information on setting up a mysql db for remote access...bruce26 Jun
      • Re: basic information on setting up a mysql db for remote access...Michael Stassen26 Jun
    • Re: insert into text field [Solved]Michael Stassen26 Jun
  • Re: insert into text fieldEric Bergen27 Jun