List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nitin Date:June 26 2004 11:17am
Subject:Re: insert into text field [Solved]
View as plain text
Solved.

----- Original Message -----
From: <mysql-list-replies@stripped>
To: "Nitin" <nitinmehta@stripped>
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2004 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: insert into text field

> look *carefully* at the insert syntax, paying attention to spaces and
> the like:
>
>     INSERT INTO tbl_name () VALUES()
>
> the error message gives a good hint too.

> > Date: Saturday, June 26, 2004 04:19:37 PM +0530
> > Subject: insert into text field
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > There's a problem. When I try to inert into table with
> >
> > insert into schedule (owner, desc, sch_for, status) values ('a',
> > 'b', 'c', 'd')
> >
> > I get error
> >
> > You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
> > corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to
> > use near 'desc, sch_for, status) values'
> >
> > The desc field is of 'text' datatype. If that's the reason, what is
> > the right syntax to insert into text field?
> >
> > Please help me
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> ---------- End Original Message ----------

Thread
insert into text fieldNitin26 Jun
  • Re: insert into text field [Solved]Nitin26 Jun
    • basic information on setting up a mysql db for remote access...bruce26 Jun
      • Re: basic information on setting up a mysql db for remote access...Michael Stassen26 Jun
    • Re: insert into text field [Solved]Michael Stassen26 Jun
  • Re: insert into text fieldEric Bergen27 Jun