List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alejandro Heyworth Date:June 25 2004 7:48pm
Subject:Memory to Memory INSERTS
View as plain text
Hi!

I'm looking for a better way to insert large numbers of rows from a client
application that is sampling physical data in real-time.  In our case, we
are using a C "double hipvalues[1000000]" cyclical array to buffer our
sampled values.

We're currently creating large query strings similar to:

INSERT DELAYED INTO hipjoint VALUES
(hipvalues[0]),(hipvalues[1]),(hipvalues[2]),(hipvalues[3]),etc...

We would like to continue to insert our values directly from our client app
without first having to dump the data to a temp file and LOAD DATA
INFILEing it periodically.

Any ideas?

Config values of interest:
key_buffer_size = 4G
bulk_insert_buffer_size = 1024M

We are using MySQL 4.1.2.

Thanks.

Thread
Memory to Memory INSERTSAlejandro Heyworth25 Jun
Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSAlejandro Heyworth29 Jun
Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSSGreen29 Jun
  • Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSEric Bergen30 Jun
    • Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSAlejandro Heyworth30 Jun
      • Re: Memory to Memory INSERTSJeremy Zawodny30 Jun