List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rahul Sood Date:June 24 2004 9:14pm
Subject:table across multiple files
View as plain text
I'm installing mysql 4.0 on Linux x86

The application for which I'm using mysql requires support for splitting a table across
multiple OS files. On the mysql website I read that this can be done with InnoDB storage
engine. Does mysql 4.0 Standard version (which includes InnoDB)  have this feature ?

Will it be necessary to get mysql 4.0 Max version ? The website said this version has some
extra features such as Berkeley DBM and support for splitting a table across multiple
files.

-Thanks,
Rahul Sood
rsdev20@stripped