List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:October 25 1999 2:01pm
Subject:Re: shut down mysql server
View as plain text
At 04:22 AM 10/25/1999 , Bob Kline wrote:
>On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, ycc wrote:
>
> > I've installed mysql windows version on win98. I always forget to
> > shut down mysql server before shutting down win98. It seems no
> > problem. Is there anyone can give some advice on it. Thank You.
>
>Tie a string around your finger?
>Tape a note to the machine?
>Don't shut down the system?
>
>--
>Bob Kline
>mailto:bkline@stripped
>http://www.rksystems.com

I think you can create shutdown functions similar to startup functions.
Somewhere in the 'Start' menu, there's a 'StartUp' folder where you can put
programs or shortcuts to be executed on Win startup. I think you can also
create a 'ShutDown' folder as well; perhaps it's created by default? Just
put a batch file there that executes the command 'mysqladmin shutdown' (or
whatever the exact syntax is).

That's my best guess.

-steve

+-------------------- "He's dead, Jim" - Bones McCoy --------------------+
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |
| sbedberg@stripped                        http://aesric.ucdavis.edu/ |
|                                                          (530)754-9127 |

Thread
shut down mysql serverycc25 Oct
  • Re: shut down mysql serverBob Kline25 Oct
    • Re: shut down mysql serverSteve Edberg25 Oct
    • Re: shut down mysql serversinisa25 Oct
  • Re: shut down mysql serverDoug Chanco25 Oct
    • Re: shut down mysql serverBob Kline25 Oct
    • Re: shut down mysql serverMichael Widenius13 Nov