List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shelly Zhang Date:June 24 2004 8:42pm
Subject:File locking & mysql 4
View as plain text
Does mysql 4 require file locking?  I'm not talking about in the
database -- I know how to lock and unlock tables for data consistency.
I'm referring to the filesystem that the data lives on.

For reasons too boring to go in to, I have a mysql server and I'm keeping
the database files (i.e., the var directory) on a filesystem that doesn't
support file locking.  Is this going to pose a problem?

If this is being sent to the wrong mailing list, please point me to the
right one.

Any help will be appreciated!

--
Shelly Zhang
mysql-zrxve AT mysql-zrxve DOT kicks-ass DOT org