List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Shea Date:June 24 2004 8:13pm
Subject:Re: Rights required to run myisamcheck
View as plain text
Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Jun 24), Jim Shea said:
>
>>I'm setting up a cron job to run myisamcheck with the options
>>"-Aacmorv". As I have to put in a username and password, for security I
>>
>>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/GRANT.html lists the available
>>privileges and http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Using_mysqlcheck.html
>>describes the operation and options for mysqlcheck. I can't find a cross
>>reference between the two!
>

> There is no connection, since myisamchk directly accesses the
> underlying table files without going through mysqld.
>
> How about using the "CHECK TABLE" and "REPAIR TABLE" mysql commands
> instead?

My bad, I meant mysqlcheck. The script we currently have does use "CHECK
TABLE" and "REPAIR TABLE" commands however it must be modified when
databases and tables are added/deleted. By using mysqlcheck and the -A
option I can do all actions on all tables in all databases. By doing it
after hours I don't care how long it takes.

Jim
Thread
Rights required to run myisamcheckJim Shea24 Jun
  • Re: Rights required to run myisamcheckJeff Smelser24 Jun
  • Re: Rights required to run myisamcheckgerald_clark24 Jun
  • Re: Rights required to run myisamcheckDan Nelson24 Jun
    • Re: Rights required to run myisamcheckJim Shea24 Jun