List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gerald_clark Date:June 24 2004 5:45pm
Subject:Re: Rights required to run myisamcheck
View as plain text

Jim Shea wrote:

> I'm setting up a cron job to run myisamcheck with the options
> "-Aacmorv". As I have to put in a username and password, for security
> I want to create a special account that has the minimum required
> rights. In searching the docs I don't find this listed.

Setup a .my.cnf file that defines the userid and password  for the user
running the cron job.
Make sure your script shuts the mysql server down before running myisamchk.

> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/GRANT.html lists the available
> privileges and http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Using_mysqlcheck.html
> describes the operation and options for mysqlcheck. I can't find a
> cross reference between the two!
>
> Second question; is -c (Check the tables for errors) redundant with -m
> (Do a check that is faster than an --extended operation. This finds
> only 99.99% of all errors, which should be good enough in most cases.)?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

Thread
Rights required to run myisamcheckJim Shea24 Jun
  • Re: Rights required to run myisamcheckJeff Smelser24 Jun
  • Re: Rights required to run myisamcheckgerald_clark24 Jun
  • Re: Rights required to run myisamcheckDan Nelson24 Jun
    • Re: Rights required to run myisamcheckJim Shea24 Jun