List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Shea Date:June 24 2004 5:15pm
Subject:Rights required to run myisamcheck
View as plain text
I'm setting up a cron job to run myisamcheck with the options
"-Aacmorv". As I have to put in a username and password, for security I
want to create a special account that has the minimum required rights.
In searching the docs I don't find this listed.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/GRANT.html lists the available
privileges and http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Using_mysqlcheck.html
describes the operation and options for mysqlcheck. I can't find a cross
reference between the two!

Second question; is -c (Check the tables for errors) redundant with -m
(Do a check that is faster than an --extended operation. This finds only
99.99% of all errors, which should be good enough in most cases.)?

Thanks

Jim
Thread
Rights required to run myisamcheckJim Shea24 Jun
  • Re: Rights required to run myisamcheckJeff Smelser24 Jun
  • Re: Rights required to run myisamcheckgerald_clark24 Jun
  • Re: Rights required to run myisamcheckDan Nelson24 Jun
    • Re: Rights required to run myisamcheckJim Shea24 Jun