List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matthias Kritz Date:June 24 2004 2:56pm
Subject:JOIN or UNION or both?
View as plain text
Hi,

I have the following table structure:

tbl_speakers
	sid
	fname
	lname

tbl_presentations
	pid
	name
	desc

tbl_speakers_presentations
	sid
	pid

I would like to display all presentations, (but each only once), and
display the speakers' names for each presentation. With my current
syntax (see below), if a presentation has, say, 3 speakers I receive 3
distinct records - I just want 1 with 3 speakers columns.

//PULL OUT EVERY PRESENTATION WITH A SPEAKER AS SEPERATE RECORD
SELECT *
FROM tbl_presentations, tbl_speakers, tbl_speakers_presentations
WHERE tbl_speakers.sid = tbl_speakers_presentations.sid
AND tbl_presentations.pid = tbl_speakers_presentations.pid

I cant figure out the right JOIN or UNION or AS syntax - still learning
SQL :-)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Matthias Kritz

Digital Samba, S.L.
http://www.digitalsamba.com

Thread
JOIN or UNION or both?Matthias Kritz24 Jun
  • Re: JOIN or UNION or both?Frank Bax24 Jun
Re: JOIN or UNION or both?SGreen24 Jun
  • RE: JOIN or UNION or both?Matthias Kritz24 Jun
    • Re: JOIN or UNION or both?Markus Grossrieder24 Jun
RE: JOIN or UNION or both?SGreen24 Jun