List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Bergen Date:June 24 2004 2:34pm
Subject:Re: Fetching 12 columns or 1 TEXT field?
View as plain text
If you are reading from a myisam variable length row table the table
handler actually
reads the entire row from disk regardless of the columns you choose. I
would say store them in separate columns so you can use those in other
parts of your queries (where statement ect) Also you don't incur the
overhead of sending the entire row each time back to the client for
further parsing.

-Eric