List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gianpaolo Fasoli Date:June 24 2004 10:25am
Subject:Mysql oracle migration
View as plain text
Hi,

We are looking into migrating our application from oracle to mysql.

Almost every migration issue we've hit could be solved except for this one.

In one of our oracle tables, we've got a column with a timestamp datatype.

select * from (select to_char(ts_action, 'MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS.FF3')
from table1) where rownum <= 2;
TO_CHAR(TS_OPERATION,'MM/DD/Y
-----------------------------
06/01/2004 18:57:05.406
06/01/2004 18:57:05.828

The problem here is that I have to be able to store milliseconds in a
mysql table. From what I've read in the manual MySQL does not support
milliseconds in any of the date datatypes.

The only alternative I see, would be to extract the date in a
unix_timestamp like format from oracle and insert it into an INT. This
of course means the application would have to handle date conversion for
output to user.

Is this the only solution I have or did I miss something?

Thanks in advance,

GP.

Thread
Mysql oracle migrationGianpaolo Fasoli24 Jun
  • Re: Mysql oracle migrationEric Bergen24 Jun