List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Haneda Date:June 23 2004 7:26am
Subject:Re: question on auto increment field
View as plain text
on 06/23/2004 12:14 AM, Joe Wong at joewong@stripped wrote:

>   If it possible to limit the max value of an auto increment field to say,
> 9999,9999 and how to do it? I am using MySQL 4.0.18.

I am not sure, as a 'hack' you could simply insert a blank record with the
value set to 9999,9999, once you reach that limit and try to insert a
record, a error would be generated, no new records would be able to be
inserted until this was resolved.
http://www.newgeo.com                       Fax: 313.557.5052
scott@stripped                            Novato, CA U.S.A.

Thread
question on auto increment fieldJoe Wong23 Jun
  • Re: question on auto increment fieldScott Haneda23 Jun
    • Re: question on auto increment fieldEgor Egorov23 Jun
  • Re: question on auto increment fieldJoe Wong23 Jun
    • Re: question on auto increment fieldPaul DuBois23 Jun
  • Re: question on auto increment fieldAndrew Pattison23 Jun