List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:June 22 2004 5:24pm
Subject:Re: mysql control center documentation
View as plain text
Eric Bergen wrote:

> ( and sites all have a search features
> where if a requested file is not found it performs a search for it
> as a key word.

Interesting.  I didn't know that.  That's nice, but it's hardly intuitive.
I expect that's designed to help with broken links, rather than to be the
expected way to search.  After all, there is a search box at the top.  A
good interface, however, would make it clear where to go, rather than
requiring you to guess a URL or search for something as basic as product

> Example finding the mysql control center manual is as easy as requesting
> control center
> or depending on your browser
> will perform a search of 'mysql control center'

The search reveals installation instructions
<> and a section in the
mysql manual <> (turns out my
original suggestion wasn't useless, after all).  The latter is not linked
anywhere on the mysqlcc page <>!

> -Eric

mysql control center documentationChris Stevenson22 Jun
  • Re: mysql control center documentationMichael Stassen22 Jun
    • Re: mysql control center documentationMichael Stassen22 Jun
RE: mysql control center documentationBob)22 Jun
  • Re: mysql control center documentationEric Bergen22 Jun
    • Re: mysql control center documentationMichael Stassen22 Jun