List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kieran Kelleher Date:June 18 2004 4:24am
Subject:Re: Recommendation on god MySQL books
View as plain text
Get the recently published book from Jeremy Zawodny. It's excellent.
Very easy to understand and goes through all the admin stuff. It has a
chapter dedicated to replication and explains in simple concise steps
how to set up replication. It demonstrates many different types of
replication configurations from simple master-slave to
multi-master/multi-slave configurations. It also has excellent material
on backup strategies and much more.

The book is called "High Performance MySQL" and published by O'Reilly
..... really great book. I bought mine on Amazon. It is aimed at
intermediate to advanced users. Read the Amazon comments and feedback
for more details.

-Kieran

Config = OS X 10.3.4 / Java 1.4.2 /  WO 5.2.3 / XCode v1.2 / MySQL
4.0.20 / Connector-J 3.0.11
Blog: http://webobjects.webhop.org/