List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:June 16 2004 8:43am
Subject:Re: Error 1250 Table from one of the SELECT's cannot be used in global ORDER clause
View as plain text
Hi Dave,

> Don't follow your question - you suggested I use the column name (with no
> table name) as the ORDER BY. I said I can;t do this because I join on that
> column name - this means any references to it MUST be qualified with a
table
> name.

Actually, I suggested to use "ORDER BY 1 ASC"

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

> Anyway - reported this as a 4.1.2 bug (on the grounds that it used to work
> in 4.0.17) and have just been told the bug was in 4.0.17, which should not
> have allowed this behaviour!
> >
> >Hi Dave,
> >
> > > Unfortunately species_id is a column I am using for joining so I need
> >the
> > > fully qualified name both in the SELECT and the ORDER BY.
> >
> >What does the join have to do with the ORDER BY?
> >
> >With regards,
> >
> >Martijn Tonies
> >Database Workbench - developer tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL & MS
SQL
> >Server.
> >Upscene Productions
> >http://www.upscene.com
> >

> >--
http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

Thread
Error 1250 Table from one of the SELECT's cannot be used in global ORDER clauseDave Torr15 Jun
  • Re: Error 1250 Table from one of the SELECT's cannot be used in global ORDER clauseMartijn Tonies15 Jun
Re: Error 1250 Table from one of the SELECT's cannot be used in global ORDERclauseDave Torr16 Jun
  • Re: Error 1250 Table from one of the SELECT's cannot be used in global ORDER clauseMartijn Tonies16 Jun
Re: Error 1250 Table from one of the SELECT's cannot be used in global ORDERclauseDave Torr16 Jun
  • Re: Error 1250 Table from one of the SELECT's cannot be used in global ORDER clauseMartijn Tonies16 Jun
Re: Error 1250 Table from one of the SELECT's cannot be used in globalORDER clauseSGreen16 Jun
Re: Error 1250 Table from one of the SELECT's cannot be used in global ORDERclauseDave Torr17 Jun