List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dave Torr Date:June 16 2004 8:35am
Subject:Re: Error 1250 Table from one of the SELECT's cannot be used in global ORDER
clause
View as plain text
Don't follow your question - you suggested I use the column name (with no
table name) as the ORDER BY. I said I can;t do this because I join on that
column name - this means any references to it MUST be qualified with a table
name.

Anyway - reported this as a 4.1.2 bug (on the grounds that it used to work
in 4.0.17) and have just been told the bug was in 4.0.17, which should not
have allowed this behaviour!