List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alec.Cawley Date:June 10 2004 12:31pm
Subject:Re: Last Modified
View as plain text
"Martijn Tonies" <m.tonies@stripped> wrote on 10/06/2004 13:02:25:

> > > Mind you --

> > row
> > >
> > > That's on a per ROW basis, not TABLE basis.
> >
> > But if it is on every row, you can MAX() it to get the latest row
update,
> > which is the latest table update.
>

> How fast would this be on a largish table?

Very fast, if the column were indexed. Slow, if not.

        Alec

Thread
Last ModifiedPaul McNeil10 Jun
  • RE: How do you display last modified dateDan V10 Jun
  • Re: Last ModifiedMartijn Tonies10 Jun
    • Re: Last ModifiedAlec.Cawley10 Jun
  • Re: Last ModifiedCarsten R. Dreesbach10 Jun
Re: Last ModifiedMartijn Tonies10 Jun
  • Re: Last ModifiedAlec.Cawley10 Jun
  • Re: Last ModifiedEgor Egorov11 Jun