List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Goldfarb Date:June 10 2004 12:16pm
Subject:Re: MySQL on NetWare and Backups
View as plain text
I saw the script.  I am actually fine running a shutdown on the server
prior to each backup.  Veritas BackupExec supports running commands
prior and after each backup.  The problem I am having is if I run the
mysqladmin --shutdown command, it generates a message saying NLM has
been shutdown, press any key to continue.  Until someone presses a key
on the server, the MySQL server is in a frozen state (I cannot restart
it).
Does anyone know anyway to avoid getting that message when running the
mysqladmin NLM?

Thanks

"Mark Goldfarb" <Mark@stripped> wrote:

> Hi.  Hope someone can help me.  I am running MySQL on a NetWare 6.x
> server. I am using Veritas BackupExec.   I currently manually copy
the
> files before a backup or manually unload the MySQL server.  I would
like
> to automate the backup.   What is the best way to do a backup on a
> NetWare server.

Take a look at mysqlhotcopy script, that may help you.

--
For technical support contracts, goto
https://order.mysql.com/?ref=ensita