List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Isenhower Date:June 6 2004 3:10am
Subject:Re: Subquery help...
View as plain text
> First off, I assume you are using a version of mysql able to handle
sub-queries.  4.1 or 5.0 (4.0.xx does NOT support sub-queries)

Ugh... I feel dumb :).... I'm using 4.0

> FWIW, this is an easy query with a JOIN:
>
> SELECT id FROM work w
> INNER JOIN client_list cl ON cl.id = w.client_id
> WHERE cl.name = 'Some Company';
>
> Just in case you are using mysql 4.0 or earlier...

Thanks very  much!  This is what I need :)

Also, while I'm at it, any book recommendations for getting to know MySQL
better?

Thanks again :-)
-Daniel

Thread
Subquery help...Daniel Isenhower6 Jun
  • Re: Subquery help...Josh Trutwin6 Jun
  • Re: Subquery help...Daniel Isenhower6 Jun
    • Re: Subquery help...Josh Trutwin6 Jun