List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bryce Nesbitt Date:April 12 1999 7:55pm
Subject:How to use to --skip-networking flag ?
View as plain text
I'm running a system where there is no desire for the security hassle of allowing outside
connections to the database.

I can start mysqld with the --skip-networking flag, but then mysql
refuses to connect, even from the local host.  When --skip-networking is
enabled, exactly what methods of using the server work?

The documentation is very vague on this point.  Do I need to specify some special options
to mysql to make a different style connection?  How about to the perl modules that make
connections to the server?

                -Bryce
Thread
How to use to --skip-networking flag ?Bryce Nesbitt12 Apr
  • How to use to --skip-networking flag ?Jani Tolonen14 Apr