List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert A. Rosenberg Date:June 1 2004 4:14am
Subject:RE: Feature Request: UPDATE 'error codes' or
mysql_affected_rows() to be more "accurate"
View as plain text
At 12:38 -0700 on 05/27/2004, Daevid Vincent wrote about Re: Feature
Request: UPDATE 'error codes' or mysql_affected:

>REPLACE INTO won't work, as I need the previous record (hence the update). I
>store the first and last time I saw a node, amongst other info. REPLACE
>would delete that data.

REPLACE would (might?) also fail if the Primary Key is some other
table's Foreign Key (although this may be a permissible deletion
since the record is not actually getting deleted but just the fields
getting updated).
Thread
Feature Request: UPDATE 'error codes' or mysql_affected_rows() to be more "accurate"Daevid Vincent27 May
  • Re: Feature Request: UPDATE 'error codes' or mysql_affected_rows()to be more "accurate"Robert J Taylor27 May
  • Re: Feature Request: UPDATE 'error codes' or mysql_affected_rows()to be more "accurate"Steve Meyers27 May
    • RE: Feature Request: UPDATE 'error codes' or mysql_affected_rows() to be more "accurate"Daevid Vincent27 May
      • Re: Feature Request: UPDATE 'error codes' or mysql_affected_rows()to be more "accurate"Sasha Pachev31 May
      • RE: Feature Request: UPDATE 'error codes' ormysql_affected_rows() to be more "accurate"Robert A. Rosenberg1 Jun