List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brent Baisley Date:May 28 2004 6:52pm
Subject:Re: Mysql Scenario
View as plain text
You wouldn't setup one repository to hold the data. You would actually
probably hit disk and network limitations with a single repository.
MySQL supports master/slave setups which would replicate the data
across machines. One machine would be the "master" handling updates
which would propagate to the slaves.

On May 27, 2004, at 9:30 PM, tachu wrote:

> WOuld the following scenario be possible
> I currently have about 1.2 Tb of data that i need to transform into
> mysql and be able to server a very high amount of pages from a
> discussion board. would i be able to place the mysql/data directory in
> a main server with huge storage and then have several mysql server
> instances running on different machines accessing the same /mysql/data
> directory? would there be any limitations. i need to be able to server
> about 200/sec on each server and have about 40 servers. basically my
> ideas is to have several mysql servers running but one main data
> repository. any help is appreciated
>
> Thanks

Brent Baisley
Systems Architect