List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brent Baisley Date:May 28 2004 3:38pm
Subject:Re: selecting what NOT in the table..
View as plain text
Why not search on if it's there, if no results are returned, you know
it's not there.
SELECT count(*) as langcount from db where lang=$lang;

If you want to check for multiple items at once:
SELECT count(*) as langcount from db where lang in ('lang1', 'lang2',
...)

Since you don't want to actually return the records that don't match a
criteria, you don't need to do a not equals search.