List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Haneda Date:May 28 2004 8:01am
Subject:Re: Duplicate does not exist
View as plain text
on 05/28/2004 12:31 AM, fr0g at fr0g@stripped wrote:

> I don't see how this mail helps me.
> I still don't know why it sais I have a duplicate record and still don't
> know how to correct this.
> Those were nice stories, but not really helpfull.
> In my table every record has a uinque id which ofcourse is the key.
> Yet, the only way I can avoid duplicates is to define as unique the pair
> of name & surname.
> Are there any ideas why I get this duplicate error?

Mysql should report to you which key is the dupe, at this point I am not
convinced that your "searching" by name is finding what you need to answer
your question.  Print out the error message, it will tell you the key, then
lookup that key and compare, I would bet they are the same.
http://www.newgeo.com                       Fax: 313.557.5052
scott@stripped                            Novato, CA U.S.A.

Thread
Duplicate does not existfr0g27 May
  • Re: Duplicate does not existRobert J Taylor27 May
    • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May
      • Re: Duplicate does not existScott Haneda28 May
        • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May
    • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May
      • Re: Duplicate does not existEgor Egorov28 May
        • Re: Duplicate does not existfr0g28 May