List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:May 27 2004 2:55pm
Subject:Re: Foreign Key Constraints
View as plain text
Hi,

> > Why not? What's wrong with this:
> >
> > BORROWER
> > BorrowerID
> >
> > BOOKS
> > BookID
> > BorrowerID (nullable)
> >
> > FK from Books.BorrowerID to Borrower.BorrowerID
> >
> > I haven't checked, but this _should_ be possible.
> >
> > With regards,
>
> Its a foreign key, you can not null foreign keys.. Thats the problem.

If this really is the case with MySQL, then this is the only database
engine that I know that doesn't allow this.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Foreign Key Constraintskyuubi27 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsJeff Smelser27 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsColin Bull27 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsRobert J Taylor27 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMartijn Tonies27 May
    • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsJeff Smelser27 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMartijn Tonies27 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMartijn Tonies28 May
    • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsJeff Smelser28 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMartijn Tonies28 May
    • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMichael Stassen28 May
      • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMichael Stassen28 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMartijn Tonies28 May
    • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsJeff Smelser28 May
    • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsJeff Smelser28 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMartijn Tonies28 May
Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsSGreen27 May