List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<kyuubi Date:May 27 2004 4:22am
Subject:Foreign Key Constraints
View as plain text
Hi, I am trying to use the foreign key constraints from InnoDB
and creating indexes is a requirement for foreign key.
The problem is that by creating index for my foreign key,
it does not allow my foreign key to have null or blank values which my records will have.
For eg. a BorrowerID is a foreign key on a Book table, but when the book is not borrowed,
the BorrowerID will be null and I can't seem to import the data containing null values for
the foreign key.
Is there a way to solve this?
Thanks.

---- Msg sent via Spymac Mail - http://www.spymac.com
Thread
Foreign Key Constraintskyuubi27 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsJeff Smelser27 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsColin Bull27 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsRobert J Taylor27 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMartijn Tonies27 May
    • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsJeff Smelser27 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMartijn Tonies27 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMartijn Tonies28 May
    • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsJeff Smelser28 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMartijn Tonies28 May
    • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMichael Stassen28 May
      • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMichael Stassen28 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMartijn Tonies28 May
    • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsJeff Smelser28 May
    • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsJeff Smelser28 May
  • Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsMartijn Tonies28 May
Re: Foreign Key ConstraintsSGreen27 May