List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Greg Willits Date:May 21 2004 7:17pm
Subject:Large sample data sets for testing
View as plain text
Anyone know of some large sample data sets available for free or < $100?

"Large" = maybe 1KB per row or so, 1,000,000 - 5,000,000 records or so,
something on the order of a couple hundred megabytes.

"Sample Data" = I don't really care what it is (text based though, no
need for BLOB), just something to use for testing. Maybe an old news
feed archive or something?

I'm sure I could cope with just about any common exchange format.
Always wanted to test the performance and scaling of some setups I have
and things I've written, but I've never located a big (to me) data set
to play with.

-- greg willits

Thread
Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wantedScott Haneda21 May
  • Re: Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wantedDavid Griffiths21 May
    • Re: Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wantedScott Haneda21 May
      • Re: Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wantedDavid Griffiths21 May
        • Re: Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wantedScott Haneda21 May
Re: Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wantedbeacker21 May
  • Large sample data sets for testingGreg Willits21 May
    • Re: Large sample data sets for testingDan Nelson21 May
    • R: Large sample data sets for testingLeonardo Francalanci22 May
      • Re: R: Large sample data sets for testingmos22 May