List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Scott Haneda Date:May 21 2004 5:06am
Subject:Re: Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wanted
View as plain text
on 05/20/2004 10:18 PM, David Griffiths at dgriffiths@stripped wrote:

>> I can use any I like, I wont have not even built the DB yet, so I am open to
>> any suggestions.
>>
>> I don't see how I can do it all in one transaction, what does that mean?
>>

> What that means is you do 100,000 inserts, and then do one commit at the
> end. If the connection to the database dies, or the database itself
> crashes, then all the rows inserted will be rolled back, and no data
> will be in your database.

Do you have to do something before the first insert to tell it there is a
marker point to rollback to?

Perhaps someone can show me a example ala php on this one?
http://www.newgeo.com                       Fax: 313.557.5052
scott@stripped                            Novato, CA U.S.A.

Thread
Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wantedScott Haneda21 May
  • Re: Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wantedDavid Griffiths21 May
    • Re: Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wantedScott Haneda21 May
      • Re: Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wantedDavid Griffiths21 May
        • Re: Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wantedScott Haneda21 May
Re: Repeat loops in mysql, large data issue, suggestions wantedbeacker21 May
  • Large sample data sets for testingGreg Willits21 May
    • Re: Large sample data sets for testingDan Nelson21 May
    • R: Large sample data sets for testingLeonardo Francalanci22 May
      • Re: R: Large sample data sets for testingmos22 May