List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Date:May 14 2004 8:39pm
Subject:Re: OPTIMIZE TABLE and mySQL replication
View as plain text
Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 03:10:05PM -0400, Jim wrote:
>
>>Hi List,
>>
>>What are some issues relating to using OPTIMIZE TABLE and replication?
>>Does running OPTIMIZE TABLE on a master DB cause the optimizations to be
>>passed on to the slaves?
>

> It does not.  The command doesn't replicate.

Jeremy et al, thanks for the replies.

So (and here I expose my newbness) can the OPTIMIZE TABLE be run on the
slave database tables, which are read-only?

This is on version 4.0.16 of the server.

Jim
Thread
OPTIMIZE TABLE and mySQL replicationJim14 May
  • Re: OPTIMIZE TABLE and mySQL replicationDan Nelson14 May
    • Re: OPTIMIZE TABLE and mySQL replicationDan Nelson14 May
  • Re: OPTIMIZE TABLE and mySQL replicationJeremy Zawodny14 May
    • RE: OPTIMIZE TABLE and mySQL replicationDonny Simonton14 May
    • Re: OPTIMIZE TABLE and mySQL replicationJim14 May