List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Blomstrom Date:May 14 2004 3:34pm
Subject:Integers - How would you enter 112,249?
View as plain text
When I try to import my csv file in MySQL-Front, it
appears to get hung up on every integer - or perhaps
it's just every integer in the first integer field.

When it cites an error, it only lists the numerals
after the comma. For example, it says 249 for this
sample from my csv file:

"112,249","al","Calhoun","county",

I don't see anything wrong with that, so I assume the
problem lies with my table set up. I've tried various
combinations without success.

I inserted one value - 112,249 - direcly with
phpMyAdmin, and it did just the opposite - it only
displays 112. I though perhaps it would automatically
insert the comma if I just inserted the six numerals,
but it doesn't.

Could someone tell me all the values you would use,
assuming this field is not an index or key?

I prsently have...

int(10) |  | Yes | NULL

I deleted the length, but it inserted 11 by default.

Any tips?

http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
Thread
Integers - How would you enter 112,249?David Blomstrom14 May
  • Re: Integers - How would you enter 112,249?Dan Nelson14 May
  • Re: Integers - How would you enter 112,249?Paul DuBois14 May
Re: Integers - How would you enter 112,249?Joshua Beall14 May
  • Re: Integers - How would you enter 112,249?David Blomstrom14 May
    • Re: Integers - How would you enter 112,249?Paul DuBois14 May
Re: Integers - How would you enter 112,249?SGreen14 May