List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert J Taylor Date:May 13 2004 11:04am
Subject:Re: Using a hardware load balancer in from of MySQL
View as plain text
Sounds like you might be interested in Emic Networks' Application
Cluster 2.0 for MySQL. We've begun taking a look at it ourselves --
without arriving at any conclusions at this point.

(However, it is not strictly a hardware solution.)

General Info:
http://www.emicnetworks.com/products/mysql.html

Features:
http://www.emicnetworks.com/products/mysql_features.html
--Fail-over Clustering
--Multi-Master Architecture

Robert J Taylor
robert@stripped

PARTHA DUTTA, BLOOMBERG/ 499 PARK wrote:

>Hello all, I would like to find out if anyone has implemented an architecture
>where a hardware load balancer is placed in front of some MySQL servers in a
>Multi-master replication scheme.  I want to use the load balancer more for high
>availability, than for load balancing.  All connections to the database server
>would go the mysql server 1. If server1 fails, the load balancer should send all
> connections to server 2, etc. Thanks for any insight on any implementation
>gotchas.
>
>Partha Dutta
>Bloomberg, L.P.

Thread
Using a hardware load balancer in from of MySQLBLOOMBERG/ 499 PARK PARTHA DUTTA13 May
  • Re: Using a hardware load balancer in from of MySQL(Luis R. Rodriguez)13 May
  • Re: Using a hardware load balancer in from of MySQLRobert J Taylor13 May
  • Re: Using a hardware load balancer in from of MySQLsp4mv0rt3x-mysql14 May