List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Zawodny Date:May 12 2004 10:07pm
Subject:Re: GUID storage
View as plain text
On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 02:50:55PM -0700, Larry Lowry wrote:
> Well I'm trying to move to MySQL from the MS SQL Server
> world.  Most data elements are easy except for the uniqueidentifier.
>
> In the MySQL world what is the preferred/best way to store a
> uniqueidentifier?  The easiest would just be a char(36).

If you have unique ids that are 36 characters, then use a char(36).
That seems like the obvious thing to do.

Jeremy
<Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

[book] High Performance MySQL -- http://highperformancemysql.com/
Thread
GUID storageLarry Lowry12 May
  • Re: GUID storageMike Hillyer12 May
  • Re: GUID storageJeremy Zawodny12 May
    • Re: GUID storageUnknown Sender29 Jun
      • Re: GUID storageDan Nelson29 Jun
  • Re: GUID storageDan Nelson12 May
  • Re: GUID storageLarry Lowry12 May
    • Re: GUID storageDan Nelson13 May
    • Re: GUID storageSergei Golubchik13 May