List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Hillyer Date:May 12 2004 10:04pm
Subject:Re: GUID storage
View as plain text
Larry Lowry wrote:

> Well I'm trying to move to MySQL from the MS SQL Server
> world.  Most data elements are easy except for the uniqueidentifier.
>
> In the MySQL world what is the preferred/best way to store a
> uniqueidentifier?  The easiest would just be a char(36).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Larry Lowry

In this case I would say easiest is best. There is no specific field for
uniqueidentifier.

Mike Hillyer

Thread
GUID storageLarry Lowry12 May
  • Re: GUID storageMike Hillyer12 May
  • Re: GUID storageJeremy Zawodny12 May
    • Re: GUID storageUnknown Sender29 Jun
      • Re: GUID storageDan Nelson29 Jun
  • Re: GUID storageDan Nelson12 May
  • Re: GUID storageLarry Lowry12 May
    • Re: GUID storageDan Nelson13 May
    • Re: GUID storageSergei Golubchik13 May