List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:The masked marvel Date:May 5 2004 6:48am
Subject:Re: Accessing DBMS remotely: MySQL? FireBird?
View as plain text
David Griffiths >> Look at the documentation regarding the users table in
the mysql database.

Thx David, but I wasn't asking about limiting access to a database, but
rather how to set things up so that users at a branch office can have
read/write access to a database located at the main office. The branches
are connected to the Net with ADSL, and a VPN is already up and running
between the branches and the main office.

Guess I'll forget about the replication solution as it seems overly
complicated and risky, and test transactions in the hope that if the
connection goes down, MySQL will just forget about the whole thing and let
users give it another shot once their connection is back up.

 >> This list is not a great place to ask about Firebird.

But then, since I'm wondering whether to use MySQL or FireBird, they'll
probably tell me the same thing over at the FB mailing list :-)

Thank you anyway
Fred.

Thread
Accessing DBMS remotely: MySQL? FireBird?The masked marvel2 May
  • Re: Accessing DBMS remotely: MySQL? FireBird?Martijn Tonies3 May
  • Re: Accessing DBMS remotely: MySQL? FireBird?David Griffiths4 May
Re: Accessing DBMS remotely: MySQL? FireBird?The masked marvel5 May
  • Re: Accessing DBMS remotely: MySQL? FireBird?Martijn Tonies5 May