List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Pugh Date:May 4 2004 10:40pm
Subject:Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from strings
View as plain text
Serves me right to type this stuff instead of copying/pasting - my
(yours was, with the single quote embedded in the doubles).

It's been a very dyslexic week for me.

On your previous response regarding field names and case sensitivity,
I'm not actually referencing any field names in my "INSERT INTO" query -
I'm just populating all of the fields in order, and the order is correct
from what I can tell.  The other fields are solid (once I got past a
poorly formatted date field, that is) but these strings with the
backslashes stripping out and parts lopping off, that's the last rub.

Daniel Clark wrote:

>How about:  (I reversed on set of quotes)
>
>sqlstr = "INSERT INTO Jobs VALUES('" & txtSceneFile & "')"
>

>>Err...what I meant to say here was "ascii code equivalent (chr(39)" (I
>>tried single *and* double quotes).  Sorry about that.
>>
>>Steve Pugh wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Daniel,
>>>
>>>I tried that to no avail (I had actually had the code set initially to
>>>use single quotes thusly:
>>>
>>>sqlstr = "INSERT INTO Jobs VALUES("' & _
>>>        txtSceneFile & "')"
>>>
>>>but it generated the same erroneous string.  Using the ascii-code
>>>equivalent (Chr(34) does the same.

Thread
Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh12 Apr
RE: Multiple SELECTs in one queryVictor Pendleton12 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh12 Apr
  • "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
    • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
      • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
        • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
          • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
            • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
              • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
        • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
    • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDan Nelson5 May
      • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
  • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsLou Olsten8 May
Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryUdikarni12 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh14 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryHarald Fuchs14 Apr
Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryUdikarni14 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryMichael Stassen14 Apr