List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Clark Date:May 4 2004 10:31pm
Subject:Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from strings
View as plain text
Check the table sturcture for required fields and EXACT field names.
mysql is case sensitive.

> I tried that to no avail (I had actually had the code set initially to
> use single quotes thusly:
>
> sqlstr = "INSERT INTO Jobs VALUES("' & _
>          txtSceneFile & "')"
>
> but it generated the same erroneous string.  Using the ascii-code
> equivalent (Chr(34) does the same.
>
> It's just so....odd!!
>
> Daniel Clark wrote:
>
>>I think you want chr(39) (single quote).

Thread
Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh12 Apr
RE: Multiple SELECTs in one queryVictor Pendleton12 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh12 Apr
  • "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
    • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
      • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
        • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
          • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
            • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
              • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
        • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
    • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDan Nelson5 May
      • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
  • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsLou Olsten8 May
Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryUdikarni12 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh14 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryHarald Fuchs14 Apr
Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryUdikarni14 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryMichael Stassen14 Apr