List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Pugh Date:May 4 2004 10:17pm
Subject:Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from strings
View as plain text
Hi Daniel,

I tried that to no avail (I had actually had the code set initially to
use single quotes thusly:

sqlstr = "INSERT INTO Jobs VALUES("' & _
         txtSceneFile & "')"

but it generated the same erroneous string.  Using the ascii-code
equivalent (Chr(34) does the same.

It's just so....odd!!

Daniel Clark wrote:

>I think you want chr(39) (single quote).
>

>>Every time I think I've got it, I am reminded that....I don't got it.
>>
>>Hello all, once again!  Can anyone tell me why the following takes
>>place?  In my VB app I am adding records to the table "Jobs" with this
>>code (trimmed way down - my actual INSERT statement populates about 20
>>fields):
>>
>>sqlstr = "INSERT INTO Jobs VALUES(" & _
>>         Chr(34) & txtSceneFile & Chr(34) & ")"
>>
>>adocn.execute sqlstr
>>
>>Now, let's say that my txtSceneFile contains
>>"C:\Data\test\foo\bar.lws".  My Jobs table will show the following for
>>the applicable data field: "C: Data".   This, my frields, is a new one
>>to me, to be sure!   Any ideas?
>>
>>Many thanks,
>>       Steve

Thread
Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh12 Apr
RE: Multiple SELECTs in one queryVictor Pendleton12 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh12 Apr
  • "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
    • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
      • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
        • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
          • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
            • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
              • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
        • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
    • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDan Nelson5 May
      • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
  • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsLou Olsten8 May
Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryUdikarni12 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh14 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryHarald Fuchs14 Apr
Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryUdikarni14 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryMichael Stassen14 Apr