List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Clark Date:May 4 2004 10:09pm
Subject:Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from strings
View as plain text
I think you want chr(39) (single quote).

> Every time I think I've got it, I am reminded that....I don't got it.
>
> Hello all, once again!  Can anyone tell me why the following takes
> place?  In my VB app I am adding records to the table "Jobs" with this
> code (trimmed way down - my actual INSERT statement populates about 20
> fields):
>
> sqlstr = "INSERT INTO Jobs VALUES(" & _
>          Chr(34) & txtSceneFile & Chr(34) & ")"
>
> adocn.execute sqlstr
>
> Now, let's say that my txtSceneFile contains
> "C:\Data\test\foo\bar.lws".  My Jobs table will show the following for
> the applicable data field: "C: Data".   This, my frields, is a new one
> to me, to be sure!   Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks,
>        Steve

Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh12 Apr
RE: Multiple SELECTs in one queryVictor Pendleton12 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh12 Apr
  • "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
    • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
      • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
        • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
          • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
            • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
              • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
        • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
    • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDan Nelson5 May
      • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
  • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsLou Olsten8 May
Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryUdikarni12 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh14 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryHarald Fuchs14 Apr
Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryUdikarni14 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryMichael Stassen14 Apr