List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Pugh Date:May 4 2004 10:02pm
Subject:"INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from strings
View as plain text
Every time I think I've got it, I am reminded that....I don't got it.

Hello all, once again!  Can anyone tell me why the following takes
place?  In my VB app I am adding records to the table "Jobs" with this
code (trimmed way down - my actual INSERT statement populates about 20
fields):

sqlstr = "INSERT INTO Jobs VALUES(" & _
         Chr(34) & txtSceneFile & Chr(34) & ")"

adocn.execute sqlstr

Now, let's say that my txtSceneFile contains
"C:\Data\test\foo\bar.lws".  My Jobs table will show the following for
the applicable data field: "C: Data".   This, my frields, is a new one
to me, to be sure!   Any ideas?

Many thanks,
       Steve

Thread
Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh12 Apr
RE: Multiple SELECTs in one queryVictor Pendleton12 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh12 Apr
  • "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
    • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
      • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
        • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
          • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
            • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
              • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
        • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
    • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDan Nelson5 May
      • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
  • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsLou Olsten8 May
Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryUdikarni12 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh14 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryHarald Fuchs14 Apr
Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryUdikarni14 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryMichael Stassen14 Apr