List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 20 1999 5:55pm
Subject:enum type
View as plain text
>>>>> "Bogdan" == Bogdan Paduraru <somax@stripped> writes:

Bogdan> Hello mySQLists,
Bogdan> I wanna to perform with enum type an action like this :
Bogdan>     select concat(field1,'.',field2) as field3 from table.
Bogdan> field1 is of enum type containing a char string, field2 is of int type.
Bogdan> I want to concatenate the int value corresponding to the enum type of
> field1(and not the char string) with the int value of field2. Is this possible? And how
> can I do it?

Hi!

How about:

select field1+field2/10 as field3 from table

or

select concat(field1+0,'.',field2+0) as field3 from table.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
enum typeBogdan Paduraru20 Oct