List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:October 20 1999 5:54pm
Subject:Win32 Install
View as plain text
>>>>> "Emmanuel" == Emmanuel Planas <planas@stripped>
> writes:

Emmanuel> Hi,
Emmanuel> I am new to the list and the use of mySQL.
Emmanuel> I tried to install the free version for Win 32.
Emmanuel> Could you please help me with two questions:

Emmanuel> 1-In the help file, I am told about a "mysql-nt" executable, that I can
Emmanuel> not find in the package. Do you have an idea of where it is situated

Emmanuel> 2-when I try to install mySQL as a service with "mysqld --install" or
Emmanuel> "mysqld-opt --install", a window appears telling "Failed to install
Emmanuel> Service". Do you have an idea of why

Emmanuel> Thanks.
Emmanuel> Emmanuel Planas.

Hi!

I am sorry, but the shareware version didn't come with mysqld-nt;  The
NT port (with includes services) was done in MySQL 3.22.  The
shareware version is of version MySQL 3.21.

In other words;  You have to run the mysqld-shareware version in a
window on nt.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Win32 InstallEmmanuel Planas20 Oct
  • Re: Win32 InstallRonald Beck20 Oct
  • Win32 InstallMichael Widenius20 Oct
    • Re: Win32 InstallBob Kline20 Oct
      • Re: Win32 InstallMichael Widenius20 Oct
    • Re: Win32 InstallEmmanuel Planas21 Oct