List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vivek Khera Date:October 20 1999 2:41pm
Subject:Re: mysqld dies and does not restarts itself even id started as
safe_mysqld (BSDI 4.0.1)
View as plain text

JV> So it seems there is some discrepancy between how the hostname is
JV> obtained when starting
JV> mysqld and when safe_mysqld is monitoring.
JV> As a temporary fix, I created
JV> /usr/local/mysql/var/machine.domain.com.pid as a
JV> symbolic link to /usr/local/mysql/var/machine.pid.

JV> Does this sound reasonable, or am I totally off?

Sounds reasonable.  But I'd try to find out why the pid file name is
different.  On my systems it is the FQDN like /bin/hostname returns.
Thread
mysqld dies and does not restarts itself even id started as safe_mysqld (BSDI)Javier Vegas18 Oct
  • Re: mysqld dies and does not restarts itself even id started as safe_mysqld (BSDI)Vivek Khera18 Oct
  • Re: mysqld dies and does not restarts itself even id started as safe_mysqld (BSDI 4.0.1)Javier Vegas20 Oct
    • Re: mysqld dies and does not restarts itself even id started as safe_mysqld (BSDI 4.0.1)Vivek Khera20 Oct
    • Re: mysqld dies and does not restarts itself even id started as safe_mysqld (BSDI 4.0.1)Michael Widenius20 Oct