We have hoped that this would be a beta release, but as we just fixed
an bug in the index handling in MyISAM, we can't upgrade it to beta
yet :( If there isn't any fatal bug founds in this version for a couple of
week we will upgrade MySQL 3.23 to beta.
Changes in release 3.23.5
* Fixed some Y2K problems in the new date handling in 3.23.
* Fixed problem with `SELECT DISTINCT ... ORDER BY RAND()'.
* Added patches by Sergei A. Golubchik for text searching on the
* Fixed cache overflow problem when using full joins without keys.
* Fixed some configure issues.
* Some small changes to make parsing faster.
* `ALTER TABLE' + adding a column after the last field didn't work.
* Fixed problem when using an auto_increment column in two keys
* One can now with MyISAM have the auto_increment part as a sub part:
`CREATE TABLE foo (a int not null auto_increment, b char(5),
primary key (b,a))'
* `AS' on fieldname with `CREATE TABLE table_name SELECT ...' didn't
* Allow use of `NATIONAL' and `NCHAR' when defining character
columns. This is the same as not using `BINARY'.
* Don't allow `NULL' columns in a `PRIMARY KEY' (only in `UNIQUE'
* Clear `LAST_INSERT_ID' if in uses this in ODBC: `WHERE
auto_increment_column IS NULL'. This seams to fix some problems
* `SET SQL_AUTO_IS_NULL=0|1' now turns off/on the handling of
searching after the last inserted row with `WHERE
auto_increment_column IS NULL'.
* Added new mysqld variable `concurrency' for Solaris.
* Added option `--relative' to `mysqladmin' to make
`extended-status' more useful to monitor changes.
* Fixed bug when using `COUNT(DISTINCT..)' on an empty table.
* Added support for the Chinese character set GBK.
* Fixed problem with `LOAD DATA INFILE' and `BLOB' columns.
* Added bit operator `~' (negation).
|• MySQL 3.23.5 released||Michael Widenius||20 Oct|