List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:April 15 2004 7:19am
Subject:Re: Converting from MS SQL Server to MySQL
View as plain text
Hi,

> I am sure conversion questions are asked a lot, I need to move what is a
MS
> SQL Server database to a MySQL database, both table stuctures, data, and a
> web application with a very large number of queries.
>
> I am looking for any advice on this undertaking, things to be mindful of
and
> such, and if anyone knows a good site that explains more on this topic,
> links would also be very appreciated.
>
> My ultimate goal is to port it successfully so none of the queries crash
> later on.

Well, there are differences in datatypes, defaults and more like that stuff,
so it might be a bit more work.

To get a head-start, an automated migration tool might help, of course.

Make sure to check out the Schema Migrator tool in Database Workbench
( www.upscene.com ) - it might help you a lot.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server.
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
Converting from MS SQL Server to MySQLlists@codyartsupply.com15 Apr
  • RE: Converting from MS SQL Server to MySQLJ.R. Bullington15 Apr
  • Re: Converting from MS SQL Server to MySQLMartijn Tonies15 Apr