List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sean Quinlan Date:April 14 2004 7:34pm
Subject:Re: Problem with 2GB limit.
View as plain text
On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 15:20, Dan Nelson wrote:
> Now that's interesting.  Max_data_length is set to 4gb, but you're
> getting an error at 2gb.  Could it be a process resource limit?  What
> does the "ulimit" command return?  You can reset that limit with the
> "ulimit unlimited" command.

IIRC, some filesystems have a 2gb limit for file size. This could be the
wall your hitting?

I've used mysql's 'raid' support in a couple instances in the past as a
simple way get beyond this data limit (wont help with indexes > your
filesize limit however). However I'm having trouble getting that working
today!

--
Sean Quinlan <sean@stripped>

Problem with 2GB limit.Cesar Bonavides Martinez14 Apr
  • Re: Problem with 2GB limit.Dan Nelson14 Apr
    • RE: Problem with 2GB limit.Cesar Bonavides Martinez14 Apr
      • Re: Problem with 2GB limit.Dan Nelson14 Apr
        • Re: Problem with 2GB limit.Sean Quinlan14 Apr