List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:April 14 2004 6:50am
Subject:Re: Problem with 2GB limit.
View as plain text
In the last episode (Apr 13), Cesar Bonavides Martinez said:
> I'm working with Solaris 8, and MySQL 4.0.17-standard.
>
> I was trying to upload data into a single table database and when it
> reached 2GB it stopped uploading sending the error message:
>
> ERROR 1030 at line 2450: Got error 27 from table handler
>
> After more than 4 hours digging into the FAQs and some of the digests
> of the mailing list, and a real headacke, I come to ask for help.
>
> I can say that this is not a problem of OS limits, since the file
> containing the SQL commands is more than 3GB.
>
> When I get into the folder of my database (named superfamily), I see that
> the file *.MYD is exactly 2GB (results in bytes):
>
> -rw-rw----   1 mysql    mysql    2147483647 Apr 13 22:26 align.MYD

Two things to check.  First run

  SHOW VARIABLES LIKE "large_files_support";

and verify that it's set to ON.  If it's OFF, then for some reason your
mysqld wasn't compiled with large file support.  If it's ON, run

  SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE "align";

and check the Max_data_length column.  If it's 2147483647, then you
simply have to let MySQL know that your table needs to be larger than
2gb.  I usually see 4294967295 as a limit here, though, not 2147483647.
To raise the max filesize, run

  ALTER TABLE align AVG_ROW_LENGTH=nnnn MAX_ROWS=mmmm

and use reasonable guesses for each.  You can use the current average
rowlength value from the previous SHOW TABLE STATUS command.  It's not
a hard limit, so it's ok if you guess too low for MAX_ROWS, as long as
MAX_ROWS*AVG_ROW_LENGTH is larger than 2gb.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped