List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cesar Bonavides Martinez Date:April 14 2004 5:46am
Subject:Problem with 2GB limit.
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm working with Solaris 8, and MySQL 4.0.17-standard.

I was trying to upload data into a single table database and when it reached
2GB it stopped uploading sending the error message:

ERROR 1030 at line 2450: Got error 27 from table handler

After more than 4 hours digging into the FAQs and some of the digests of the
mailing list, and a real headacke, I come to ask for help.

I can say that this is not a problem of OS limits, since the file containing
the SQL commands is more than 3GB.

When I get into the folder of my database (named superfamily), I see that
the file *.MYD is exactly 2GB (results in bytes):

-rw-rw----   1 mysql    mysql    2147483647 Apr 13 22:26 align.MYD
-rw-rw----   1 mysql    mysql       1024 Apr 13 22:26 align.MYI
-rw-rw----   1 mysql    mysql       8616 Apr 13 22:19 align.frm

Then after all what I read, I think this is useful to know that my "ibdata1"
file is not too big (results in bytes):

-rw-rw----   1 mysql    mysql    10485760 Apr 13 21:09 ibdata1

Also, that my innodb was created as default:

innodb_data_file_path           ibdata1:10M:autoextend

And that none of the logfiles is greater than 6MB (results in bytes):

-rw-rw----   1 mysql    mysql      25088 Jan 29 21:33 ib_arch_log_0000000000
-rw-rw----   1 mysql    mysql    5242880 Apr 13 21:25 ib_logfile0
-rw-rw----   1 mysql    mysql    5242880 Jan 29 21:33 ib_logfile1

And if you ask me to send you anything else that would help you to help me,
I will send it of course.  I am new to MySQL, so please if you ask me to run
any command please give me a hint (or better the command itself) so I can
run (the exact way) whatever you think would help.

I will appreciate any help/advice, I'm kind of disappointed, I know there is
someone that had the same problem or that know how to solve it.

Regards, and thank you guys in advance.

César
Nitrogen Fixation Research Center.
RegulonDB staff.

Thread
Problem with 2GB limit.Cesar Bonavides Martinez14 Apr
  • Re: Problem with 2GB limit.Dan Nelson14 Apr
    • RE: Problem with 2GB limit.Cesar Bonavides Martinez14 Apr
      • Re: Problem with 2GB limit.Dan Nelson14 Apr
        • Re: Problem with 2GB limit.Sean Quinlan14 Apr