List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Abiola Aluko  Date:April 13 2004 1:01pm
Subject:What is the difference Between the mysql HEAP Table type and Views
View as plain text
I know this might sound like a rather funny question to many gurus out here, but I'm a bit
confused.

The example give in the mysql manual is:

mysql> CREATE TABLE test TYPE=HEAP SELECT ip,SUM(downloads) AS down
    ->                   FROM log_table GROUP BY ip;
mysql> SELECT COUNT(ip),AVG(down) FROM test;
mysql> DROP TABLE test;

ironically the example given in the postgresql manual for views looks like it does the
same things as the above
sql statements:

CREATE VIEW myview AS
    SELECT city, temp_lo, temp_hi, prcp, date, location
        FROM weather, cities
        WHERE city = name;

SELECT * FROM myview;

Please enlighten me.

Thanks

Abiola Aluko.

Lycos Email has 10 MB of FREE storage space. http://mail.lycos.co.uk

Thread
What is the difference Between the mysql HEAP Table type and ViewsAbiola Aluko 13 Apr
RE: What is the difference Between the mysql HEAP Table type and ViewsVictor Pendleton13 Apr
  • RE: What is the difference Between the mysql HEAP Table type and Viewsadburne13 Apr