List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Pugh Date:April 12 2004 4:30pm
Subject:Re: Multiple SELECTs in one query
View as plain text
Aha, that would explain it!  I guess my next question would have to
be...is the the appropriate list to inquire as to the stability of the
current Alpha builds?  My app is pretty timid in its use of SQL, mostly
SELECTS and a smattering of UPDATES and INSERTS on single tables.  But
on the other hand, I have enough to do with the *rest* of my port
without worrying about stability.

Many thanks for the quick response!

       Steve

Victor Pendleton wrote:

You will need to be using MySQL 4.1.x in order to perform sub-selects.

>Hello, all!
>
>I am porting my Visual Basic app over from MSDE to MySQL, and things so
>far are going quite well.  I've found most of the "gotcha" differences
>in how I need to structure my queries, but I am having trouble with one
>in particular.

[Lengthy rambling code snippets....]

>So now that I've made a long story even longer, my question is simply
>this - is there a way to execute all three selects within the same
>query, as I was able to do when my database was MSDE?  It seems that it
>would be more efficient than making three hits on the database when one
>would suffice.
>
>Many thanks for any help you can provide!
>
>    Steve

Thread
Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh12 Apr
RE: Multiple SELECTs in one queryVictor Pendleton12 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh12 Apr
  • "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
    • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
      • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
        • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
          • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
            • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
              • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
        • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDaniel Clark5 May
    • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsDan Nelson5 May
      • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsSteve Pugh5 May
  • Re: "INSERT INTO" dropping slashes from stringsLou Olsten8 May
Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryUdikarni12 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one querySteve Pugh14 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryHarald Fuchs14 Apr
Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryUdikarni14 Apr
  • Re: Multiple SELECTs in one queryMichael Stassen14 Apr